jueves, 25 de julio de 2013

Unit 3: Early to bed, early to rise...

People who sleep properly, they are most likely to be healthy, wealthy and wise, according to the old adage, but those who are early to bed and early to rise do not always have the upper hand. The habits and body clocks of the youngsters to determine whether they liked to stay up late and sleep in later in the morning, or preferred to go to bed early and were at their peak in the morning.

A lot of sleep doesn't make us happier. It's going to bed earlier that counts. There really is much to be said for early to bed early to rise, makes one healthy, wealthy and wise. The body needs adequate sleep in order to function. There is no point in waking up an hour earlier if you are dragging physically and mentally the rest of the day. If you’re waking up an hour earlier, go to bed an hour earlier. If your body is used to staying up late so you can watch T.V go to bed even if you’re not tired. Read until you start to feel sleepy. You need to train your mind and body to adjust to sleep well.

Now, I’ll admit that I love sleep, a lot. But I know I have wasted hours of my life that I can’t get back because I kept hitting the snooze button on my alarm. I’ve made an effort these past few years to wake up early so I can accomplish more during the day and complete the goals I’ve set out for myself so I can become a better person or an active person.


  • Chronically: continuing for a long time, constantly recurring.
  • Droop: as from weakness or exhaustion.
  • Dim: badly illuminated.
  • Blinking: to close and immediately reopen (the eyes or an eye), usually involuntarily.
  • Surge: a strong rush or sweep.
  • Alert: the period during which such a warning remains in effect.
  • Captivating: to hold the attention of by fascinating
  • Irritable: quickly irritated, easily annoyed.
  • Hormones: a chemical substance produced in an endocrine gland and transported in the blood to a certain tissue, on which it exerts a specific effect.
  • Miserable: unhappy or depressed.
  • Accumulates: to gather or become gathered together in an increasing quantity.
  • Suspect: to believe guilty of a specified offence without proof.
  • Snore: to breathe through the mouth and nose while asleep with snorting sounds caused by vibrations of the soft palate.
  • Cranky: informal eccentric.
  • Priority: the right of precedence over others.
  • Fatigue: physical or mental exhaustion due to exertion.
  • Spontaneous: occurring, produced, or performed through natural processes without external influence.
  • Naps: to sleep for a short while.
  • Awake: to become or cause to become alert.
  • Drowsy: heavy with sleepiness.
  • Yawn: open the mouth wide and take in air deeply, often as in involuntary reaction to tiredness, sleepiness, or boredom.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario